Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Hills Have Eyes

I don't do scary movies. I don't mean I don't like them. I mean I NEVER watch them. I'm very easily freaked out. I won't sleep if I watch the scary stuff -- heck, I didn't sleep for three days after Titanic, and it wasn't even scary. It was the real thing.

I guess I have a vivid imagination, cause I've never been able to watch anything creepy. My siblings used to watch Dark Shadows in the basement, every day, after school. I was about five. All I remember is someone named Jeremiah, and a room covered in blood. Never saw the show again -- not necessarily because of the show, but because the brothers and sisters threw me out, screaming, and wouldn't allow me in the basement when it was on anymore.

That show probably explains a thing or two about me now.

My kids love the scary stuff, except the youngest son. He's a chicken like me, which is just fine. Maybe his day will come, but until then, whilst the hubby and oldest two are watching "The Hills Have Eyes," we'll be in the other room doing DDR or watching something tame. At least I'll have company.

So when I was thinking about The Hills Have Eyes, it reminded me of 'the hills are alive......' which made me think of my crazy sister, and all of the weird lyrics she rewrites. Like, "Put your hand in the fan and you will lose a finger.....put your foot in the fan and you will lose a toe..." But while I was thinking of the the hills being alive in The Sound of Music (ok, so it's flight of ideas day, folks), I went looking for vintage dirndls, and came across this little cutie, in my favorite color RED, from Digman's Violin Shop--makes it perfect, since the whacky sister plays the violin. Doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out how adorable it is. So ok, it wasn't such a flight of ideas day after all, and since the dirndl is 1) adorable and 2) perfect for Valentine's Day. Nothing scary about the price either.

No comments: