Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Valley of the Clueless

http://www.dollhousebettie.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=473&category_id=30&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=61

We went to Blockbuster today, for the first time in ages. I hardly ever go there, as I don't watch a lot of movies, unless someone else puts it on, but dd17 wanted to see Atonement, and of course I couldn't resist.

Of course, hubby wasn't crazy about it the first time we saw it. The second time, I went with ds18. I knew there's no way hubby would sit through it again, so we got Into the Wild, which dd wants to see -- but, as I'm told has a scene of a moose being skinned, so I'm not sure how that will go over. We got a couple of others as well.

Somehow, on the way home, we somehow got talking about scary movies. DS13 hates them, as do I. DD, on the other hand, has loved them since she was a toddler, when she would call me at work, to tell me that she'd been watching "the fishy movie" with Daddy. When I asked what movie, she said "Draws," which was her three year old version of Jaws. Yep. She was watching man eating sharks with Daddy. It was a special bonding time, I suppose, as were the many times that they watched Tales from the Crypt together.

So we were talking about scary movies and books on the way home today, and I mentioned how Helter Skelter had freaked me out so badly that I didn't sleep for weeks, when I was in junior high. They asked me what the heck Helter Skelter was, and I replied, "it was about Charles Manson." DS13 asked who Charles Manson was, and dd replied "he's a lingerie designer."

Oh. My. God.

DS's response was "I thought he was a rock singer," at which point I thought either my kids need to get out more, or maybe it's not such a bad thing that they don't know who is. Turned out that they were both referring to Marilyn Manson, who had a line of clothing at one time. They remembered the fact that I had sold a pair of MM red lace boy shorts on ebay some time back. So somehow, we went from mass murder to red lace panties, in the course of one sentence.

But that's how Utter Chaos rolls. Suffice it to say, they were straightened out on that sad little bit of American history, at least briefly, and maybe, just maybe, now they could tell you the difference between a musician and a mass murderer, but then again, ds13 is pretty goofy on a good day, so who knows. Meantime, if you want to check out some REALLY cool lingerie from the princess of panties, check out my girl Michelle's website, Dollhouse Bettie Vintage,. She's got the most beautiful collection of vintage lingerie online, as well as designer lingerie too. It'll rock your socks off!

No comments: