Thursday, February 05, 2009

Status Update

You can learn a lot about people, from their Facebook status. Mine, at the moment, says "Lisa is heading for the nation's capital this afternoon, with three teenagers. Pray for us!" Yeah, we're doin' it, and you'd better pray. My status before that said "Edit
Lisa LOVES LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!" because man, last night's show was GOOD, and I was beyond sad to see it end. I can't wait till next week.

Some of my friends' statuses are as follows. (Insert random name before the status, cause these people gotta be anonymous:
  • has no water because somebody(initials are MT) left the garage door up after taking out the trash!
  • would appreciate some prayer: my dad may have had a stroke and is current in icu.
  • forgot my speakers were turned up and I almost karate chopped my PC because it spoke to me.
  • is wondering..."Am I the only person in the world that hasn't ever watched LOST?" {mental note from editor: enlighten her}
  • is feeling virtuous after doing the laundry.

    Like I said, you can learn a lot from people's status. So imagine how sad I was today to see that one of our "adopted" sons is now single, after being madly in love for the last year and a half. Jill came in and informed me, and promptly started singing Air Supply's "All Out of Love." When I pointed out how wrong that was, she switched to "All By Myself," and was promptly interrupted by Dan's hardcore version of "Love Stinks." Yeah, my family + empathy. Not happening.

    So now my status is that I'm loading up soon to go, and Dan? He's packing for cold weather, wearing Thomas' shirt and jacket, and probably my socks, cause that's how he rolls. But that's a story for another day. Meantime, don'cha just love this red lace confection, from Couture Allure Vintage Fashion? I love it seriously, and am so sad it's sold. But, as Dan would sing, "Love Stinks." I'm outta here till Monday, folks, so that's it.
  • 1 comment:

    Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

    Thanks for the mention! I loved this dress too, and the little jacket just made the whole thing so much more wonderful.