Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Scenes from my world

I was standing in the kitchen this afternoon, talking to Jillie and Michael, and out of the corner of my eye,  Seth and Chris passed silently by the doorway in a full blown sword fight.  Just crossed the doorway and were gone.  I'm sure that Seth was using the wooden sword he got at the international festival, but I have no idea what Chris was using.  All I know is, it was a hilarious thing to see when randomly caught out of the corner of one's eye.

Next thing you know, Seth was in the kitchen joining in the conversation -- they were trying to determine if Thomas was alive or not, because they couldn't remember when he was supposed to be over to go to the movies, but they were sure he was late, and therefore, must be dead.  Suddenly, Chris grabbed him from behind and, without missing a beat, picked him up and backed out of the room, Seth silently flailing like he was prey that got the raw end of the deal. Poof!  He was gone.  Cracked me up.

And Seth just posted on Facebook that Chris just blew his nose and gum came out.  Chew on THAT for a while.

And so it is that go into Thanksgiving, with four young men, one young lady, two dogs, two cats, and a woman who only cooks on holidays and vacation in the house.  And I give thanks for all of it, lock, stock and barrel, because life is pretty darned amazing if we just get out of the way and let it be.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments: