Friday, April 25, 2008

Hit the road, Genevieve

I'm planning a little getaway in a couple of weeks -- girls day out. Of course, I have to drive 7 1/2 hours to have a girls day out, but hey, you take what you can get in this life.

I can hear the dd already. "What kind of mother leaves their children on Mother's Day?" This one, honey. Eat my dust, child.

So, we're gonna have a few online sellers get together in Des Moines, and raid Dorothea's Closet. She'd better be ready, that's for sure. I'm gonna take her some stock, and a little surprise, just for her, and we'll be joined by Jen, and Janet, and good times will be had by all.

Rental car, some tunes, and a Mountain Dew, and I'm ready for the road. There's nothing like some good road music to make your day. No Barney, no boy bands, no techno here. Just whatever the heck I want -- which is usually a weird mix of rock, alternative (R.E.M.), opera (Pavarotti baby, oh yeah!), and whatever else I happen to be in the mood to listen to.

Now if the family can just keep from killing one another whilst I am gone, it'll be great. And if you want some killer repro vintage, check out revampvintage.com - a fun site that you can spend some serious time in. The 1920s wedding dress reminds me of the photo of my grandparents wedding, and this over the top cute dress, called Genevieve, is perfect for travelling. I wish I could see the back of the hat though. I love hats, and my mommy always said I look good in them, but this one looks strangely like a large dinner roll in the photo. Perfect for the sweet and innocent look that might be needed when I tell the hubby "what happens in Des Moines, stays in Des Moines."

No comments: