Saturday, May 10, 2008

Home Shopping Ninnies

So, I was cruising the channels yesterday, and turned on the Home Shopping Network, just because. I'm not a shopper at all -- dh is the one who loves to shop, mainly for rugs. I'm even less inclined to buy senseless garbage from some spray tanned chick with bleached teeth and a fake smile, who keeps testing the makeup on her arm till she looks like Geronimo, minus a few feathers. Creepy.

This is the first time I'd even looked at HSN for a long, long time. Some of the girls at work buy from them all the time, but I don't get it. Why don't you just go to Target? Last time I was on HSN was several years ago, when my parents were visiting. We had a big screen TV that allowed you to nickname the channels. When you turned the channel, you'd see the name you plugged in, up in the corner. Hubby nicknamed animal planet "Jill," for the dd, cause that's all she watches. Cartoon Network was named for our youngest, and other channels got random names of his choosing.

So, imagine my Methodist minister father's surprise, when he lay fully reclined in the La-Z-Boy, only to find himself face to face with The Shit Channel. Yep, hubby named HSN "The Shit Channel." Because, as he says "they just try to get you to buy a bunch of shit that you don't need." Oye.

That's the man I love. Yep. Calls 'em as he sees 'em. But then again, he's not exactly wrong on this one, either.

And so, the next time you decide that you must go search for cubic zirconia or the like, and shop from your TV screen, go check out Purse Diva Vintage, at Main Street Vintage. She's got this fab deco style rhinestone necklace for sale. Bargain price, and vintage, to boot. Spray tan not included.

No comments: