Saturday, March 15, 2008

Killer Queen

I'm going to possibly murder someone tonight. At church.

Our church group gets together once a month for various and sundry activities. We've done this since the kids were babies, and usually do something like go out to eat, game night, etc. January's event is always a planning meeting, where we decide what to do for the next year. Imagine my surprise when, at the planning meeting, one of the normally quiet and reserved guys said, quite firmly, "I want to have a murder."

And he doesn't even live with me.

So, after he assured his wife that she wouldn't have to plan the murder, a murder he will get. We're doing a reading of the will for some dead guy, and I get to play the accountant, who just happened to embezzle a bunch of money from him. Yay, me! Hubby, on the other hand, is playing the pool boy. Oye. How appropriate.

The last time we did one of these, the ds18 was a newborn. I got myself into a yellow, off shoulder, late 1800s style dress, and off to the murder we went. I have no idea what ended up happening (postpartum hormones probably) but I know that I wasn't the murderer. Not sure if I am tonight, either. I don't remember much about the process the last time, but I do know that it was fun, it was our first night out without the new baby, and the yellow dress looked great (breastfeeding hormones).

So, I have to dress like a rich accountant who embezzles money from the clientele. It's two hours away, and I have no idea what I'll wear, but if I could, I'd wear this 50s dress with a killer neckline, from Grace's Vintage Garb, on the net. It's just the right bling for a murder.

I'll let you know tomorrow if I killed the guy. And show something in stripes, if I did.

No comments: